Since this course is an online instructor led (“OIL”) course, you will have access to instructors through office hours, forums and email. You will be able to work on this course anytime and anywhere you have a high speed internet connection.
By NMLS specifications,you will have to pause and wait for instructor feedback at times during the course. Our flexible system allows you to purchase and then wait as long as you want before starting any module. Once you enter a module, you will have three to five days to finish.
3 Hour SAFE PE – Rhode Island State Law
This course presents a summary of the key terms and provisions of the Rhode Island Statutes and Rules that specifically impact the mortgage loan originator and residential mortgage lending operations in the State of Rhode Island and is structured to reflect the outline of the Rhode Island State License Exam.
The course is divided into six sections:
- Rhode Island department of business regulation division of banking
- State law and regulation definitions: reviews definitions from the Rhode Island’s loan originator statutes
- License law and regulation: reviews the Individual and Company requirements for licensing in accordance with Rhode Island State Law and the federal SAFE act.
- Compliance practices: focuses on prohibited conduct and practices including high cost home loans
- Disciplinary actions: covers penalties for violations and revocation of licenses
Upon successful completion of this course you will have a strong understanding of several of the laws and regulations specific to mortgage loan originators and lenders in the state of Rhode Island. You will also have a good background of information for taking the Rhode Island State Exam.